Sunday, April 4, 2010

Finally taking control of my life

Wow, what one event can do to lead to such a change in my life... I cut off all contact with my ex last week. I just couldn't take it any more, the way he acted. He has a serious sex addiction and I couldn't see him get treated as if he was nothing but a sex doll day in and day out. The worst part is that he doesn't see it at all. He just thinks he's having fun. Well I say to him, have fun but all that fucking isn't going to get you a great guy who cares about you and wants only the best for you. Pretty much as long as you're doing what you're doing, all you're going to get out of a guy is someone who sees you as a way to get off. And I seriously couldn't stand seeing that any more...
The funny part is as soon as I quit talking to my ex, things seriously took a turn for the better. I just got into a bachelors of nursing program and I start classes on tuesday. I've never been more excited for anything in my life. And the best part is now I don't have to worry about my ex as I sit in class. I have no distractions at all. Not only that, but my financial aid covered all of the costs plus I get VA benefits every month... not to mention, they said they could help me find a part time job at a hospital. All in all, i'll be making $1500 a month and yet I won't be paying rent or anything. I can go back to my old lifestyle of not looking at price tags. I should be done with the nursing program in a year and a half since my credits transfer from my old college. And then after that, I can pretty much work anywhere since just about every hospital in the US needs nurses. I was thinking of moving to Colorado... hmmmm or maybe Seattle.
The relationship department is looking up too. I met a guy, also going to school for nursing, and we are getting pretty serious. I think it's about to become facebook official haha. That sounds so juvenile but i've only been facebook official once before so i'm pretty excited about it. I'm starting to realize just how bad and selfish my ex was treating me after being with this new guy. I'm finally getting treated the way I want to be treated :)
It's just amazing how one action suddenly lead to all of this happening just within the past week. It looks like most of the drama is disappearing out of my life and if I would have known all it took was cutting off all ties with my ex, I would have done it a long time ago.

1 comment:

  1. Wow.. I love your blog. Glad to read that things are doing well with you. I totally relate to your life (at least the small amount of it that I read). My current BF says he is also a sex addict but with him, his sex addiction (according to him) is based on masterbation and not sex with others. I believe that he hasn't played with others while I have been with him most of these past 8 months, but I don't understand the masterbation thing. Not sure if there is such a thing. He tells me that sex with me can be fun but its more comfortable and not so exciting as sex with new guys. I don't get it. Thats why I started blogging the other day and I started my own blog called MY BIG ITCH. I hope you will stop by and follow it. You seem cool and I relate to you more then to anyone else ive seen on blogger. Steve

    http://mybigitch.blogspot.com/?zx=91113842ec193cbb

    ReplyDelete